- We had a great turn out for Open House last night, and appreciate all the positive feedback on our first video presentation.
- We kicked off our FUN RUN PTA Fundraiser today. The event will be held here at OHS on October 8.
- Picture Day will be Friday, September 28th.
- As the weather gets cooler, our Lost & Found gets bigger! Please label your child’s sweatshirt, sweater, hat, etc.
- Please remember to notify the teacher and the office in advance if your child has an early dismissal.
Orchard Hills News
Picture Day - Friday, September 28th.
PTA Meeting - Wednesday, October 3rd - 7PM.
Book Fair the week of October 8th.
PTA Fun Run event - Monday, October 8th.
PTA Trunk or Treat - Thursday, October 18th.
Parent Teacher Conferences - Wednesday, October 24th (afternoon); Thursday, October 25th (evening); Friday, October 26th (afternoon.) Sign ups will be online and information will be made available soon.
Lunch appointments should be made through the school Greeter. Lunch with your chid will be in Room 4.
Please keep the database Power School updated! The database is our resource to contact you. Please update your contact numbers, and emails, and also your emergency contacts. Be mindful...addresses cannot be changed, nor can dismissal information.
Dismissals MUST be received in writing to change daily dismissals. We do not take phone calls to change dismissals. Send the notes into the teachers, they will note it and send it to the office.
NO VEHICLES ARE ALLOWED DOWN INTO THE DRIVEWAY DURING ARRIVAL/DISMISSAL each day. PLEASE NOTE!
- Our PTA is sponsoring a Family Fun Nite tonight at OHS from 5:30pm – 7:30pm. There is more information on our web site.
- There is no school on Wednesday, Sept. 19th because of Yom Kippur.
- Our Open House this year is Thursday, Sept. 20th 6pm – 7:30pm. For the first time, we will be featuring a video presentation, so there will not be a meeting in the gym!
*Parents should report to their child’s classroom at 6pm to view the video and discuss with the teacher the focus areas for the school year.
*An identical 2nd session will begin at 6:55pm.
*In between you may visit with Specialist teachers, reading teachers, coaches and Pupil Pesonnel Services staff.
*Open House is a time for getting an overview of the school year, not individual conferences. Conferences will be October 24-26.
*Please visit our PTA table to learn about the various events it will present.
- There is no school on Monday, Sept. 10th because of Rosh Hashanah.
- Ms Gina Raucci joins the OHS staff as our new Greeter.
- We had our first Code Drill this week. It went well and was followed by a meeting of our Safe School Climate Committee.
- Our Open House this year is Thursday, Sept. 20th 6pm – 7:30pm.
- Telephone numbers:
*Nurse = 203-301-5600
*Cafeteria = 203-783-3605
*Absences = 203-783-3566 and follow prompt
- We had an excellent opening week despite the heat!
- There is no school on Monday, Sept. 3rd because of Labor Day. There is no school on Monday, Sept. 10th because of Rosh Hashanah.
- Our first PTA meeting will be Wednesday, Sept. 5th at 7pm. It will be in the Media Center and child care will be provided. Please come and share ideas.
- Always be sure we have in writing any changes to a child’s dismissal. No child will be dismissed to any person who is not listed on the emergency information.
- School doors open at 8:20am and instruction begins at 8:40am. Any student arriving after 8:40am needs to get a Tardy Slip from the Greeter.
- We had our first Fire Drill today, and will have a Code Drill next week. Please review with students the importance of these procedures.