Databases & E-Reference
Get your IDs and passwords in the Teaching and Learning Commons, or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All Subjects
- College/Career/Test Prep
- Crime & Punishment
- Psychology (AP)
- Social Studies
- Teacher Resources
Use Grolier to search encyclopedias, magazines, and websites.
These resources are specifically for high school students and teachers. Explore the Student Research Center, the Science Reference Center, the Biography Reference Center, the History Reference Center, and more!
Everything from Business, Math, Science, Engineering, Technology, Language, Medical, Veterinary, Livestock, Gardening, Photography, Music, to Recipes, and more.
Pro/Con: newspaper and reference articles
Pros and Cons of controversial issues.
Calisphere is a gateway to digital collections from California's great libraries, archives, and museums. Discover over 400,000 images, texts, and recordings—and counting.
Take practice PSAT, SAT, and AP exams, explore different careers, build your resume, and more!
This is a guide to career information about hundreds of occupations!
What do you want to do for a living? Includes a quiz!
Includes American Short Fiction, American Post-Modernist Novels, World Literature, and English Literature.
Witchcraft in America (go to History and scroll right)
Over 39,000 free e-books!
Free online books in Mp3 format.
600 free e-books for devices such as iPads and Kindles.
Consumer health information providing access to full-text consumer health magazines and reference books, including searchable full text for current health pamphlets. Covers a wide variety of subjects, including information on specific diseases as well as overall health topics. Subjects include fitness, nutrition, diabetes, aging, women's health, children's health and more.
Cultural, Historical, Statistical, Country Information
Have a history project? Search American History and World History: The Modern Era.
Explore news and current events from all over the world.
Includes the following databases: CultureGrams for country reports and daily life and culture, SIRS Knowledge Source on leading controversial issues with pro/con arguments, and SIRS Decades, which features over five thousand primary and secondary sources for 20th century America.
Issues & Controversies and Issues & Controversies in American History.
Search the Library of Congress for U.S. History topics.
Exploring the Ancient and Medieval Worlds ebook series Includes the following:
- The Origins of Civilization: From Early Humans to the Babylonians
- Ancient Civilizations of Western Asia and the Mediterranean: From the Hittites to the Phoenicians
- Ancient Greece: From Tyranny to Democracy
- Asia Through the Ages: Early History to European Colonialism
- The Rise of the Roman Empire
- The Fall of Rome and the Rise of Constantinople
- Persia, the Rise of Islam, and the Holy Roman Empire
- Empires, Crusaders and Invasions Through the Middle Ages
- Feudalism in Medieval Europe
- First Peoples of the Americas and the European Age of Exploration
One keyword search connects you to ancient places and peoples, myths, artifacts, unexplained phenomena and more!
Search through the events of 2000-2009 in the following categories: arts and entertainment, business and the economy, education, government, politics and law, lifestyles and social trends, medicine and health, science and technology, and sports.
- Syria: Surviving the Civil War
- Somalia: Surviving War and al-Shabaab
- Nigeria: Surviving Boko Haram
- Mexico: Surviving Gangs and the Drug Wars
- Iraq: Surviving Isis
- True Stories of Teen Terrorist Recruits
- True Stories of Teen Terrorist Hostages
- True Stories of Teen Soldiers
- True Stories of Teen Refugees
- True Stories of Teen Prisoners
- True Stories of Teen Homelessness
Core Concepts of Science ebook series Includes the following:
- Animal Systems
- Cell Biology
- Plant Structures
- Human Body
- Atoms and Molecules
- Chemical Reactions
- Energy and Reactions
- Metals and Metalloids
- Organic Chemistry
- States of Matter
- The Periodic Table
- Electric Charges
- Electric Current
- Nuclear Physics
Covers a variety of topics including best practices, curriculum, assessment, continuing education, standards, and various academic subjects.
The gateway to America's largest and most trusted classroom for teachers and students. Searchable by standard.
See the Subject Links/Class Projects page for more resources in all subject areas!
Any broken links or forgotten passwords? Email email@example.com!