Who is eligible for Summer Pre-College?
- The program is geared towards rising juniors and seniors in high school. Rising sophomores and graduating seniors may still apply, and will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
How do interested students go about the application process?
- Prospective students shall submit a completed application, official high school transcripts (with Pre-College Transcript Request Form), one Pre-College Recommendation Form, and a short essay about their interest in a Marist Summer Pre-College program.
When is the application deadline?
- Acceptance into the Summer Pre-College Program is based on a rolling, space-available basis. We are currently accepting applications for all of our programs, so apply today!
When will I hear back regarding a decision on my application?
Once your application is submitted, you will receive a decision letter in the mail within two weeks.
What is the cost of Summer Pre-College at Marist?
- Please see below for the 2018 Pre-College program costs. Cost includes tuition & fees, housing & all meals, field trips, and all course materials. Cost does not include travel expenses. Students may wish to bring funds for incidentals, shopping at the Marist Bookstore or the local mall, souvenirs, and any personal items they wish to purchase.
Are any types of financial aid available for prospective students?
- Currently there is no funding available.
What are the dates of the program?
- The Summer Pre-College programs are offered in two, 2-week sessions.
- Session 1: The 2018 Session 1 programs will run July 1st - July 14th.
- Session 2: The 2018 Session 2 programs will run July 15th - July 28th.
- For a list of programs and dates they are offered, please visit the Locations/Dates page.
Can I stay for multiple courses?
- Yes! Students can choose one program for three college credits in Session 1 or Session 2, or stay for both sessions and earn 6 college credits over a 4-week period.
Are the students supervised?
- In order to gain the most of campus life at Marist College, students will be supervised by both a Resident Director (full-time staff member) and Residential Assistants. Our primary goal is to make sure the students are safe during their time on campus. Students will be supervised 24 hours per day.
Where will we live? Where will we eat?
- Pre-College students, both in New York and in Italy, will live in Marist College's dorms and eat in the Marist cafeteria.
Will this count for college credit?
- Students will earn 3-6 transferable college credits upon completion of the course. Course descriptions can be found on the Programs page
Aldelphi University: July 22- August 4, 2018- Garden City, Long Island, NY. Take an amazing class and earn 3 transferable college credits. Enjoy exciting class trips to nearby new York City. Live on campus and make new friends. Choose from exciting subjects like art and design, musical theater, business, nursing, psychology, video gaming and more! Apply today at precollege.adelphi.edu or 1-800-adelphi.
SCAD: Rising Star- Rising high school seniors. Atlanta June 24-July 27. Summer Seminars open to rising sophomores, juniors and seniors Atlanta Session I June 17-22, Session II July 8-13, Session III July 15-20. Savannah Session I June 24-29, Session II July 8-13, Session III July 15-20, Session IV July 22-27, Session V July 29- Aug.3. Savannah College of Art and Design summer programs are an exciting way to get introduced to life on the Savannah College of Art and Design Campus. Students choose from animation, fashion, film and television, jewelry, photography and more.