The Milford Food Services Department will continue to provide meals in our schools with strict compliance to all federal and state food program requirements and USDA regulations and policies with regard to food safety. An added layer of food safety will be incorporated as all food preparers and handlers will adopt the health and safety protocols used throughout the district during this extreme environment.
Students who are eligible for free- and reduced-price meals will continue to receive meals at discounted rates.
Mealtime Process (In School)
- Students will wash their hands before and after meals each day.
- Students will enter the cafeteria, select their meal items, and return to their classrooms.
- Students will eat in their classrooms.
- Lunch aids will provide assistance to and supervision of students during lunch waves to ensure adherence to safety protocols.
- Trash, food waste, and cleaning will take place at the conclusion of lunch.