Typed assignments are due on the due date.
If a student does not have access to a printer, he/she should save the document to a flash drive or create the document in Google Docs
and print it in the library before homeroom.
POINTS ARE DEDUCTED FOR LATE ASSIGNMENTS
Complete 100 minutes of independent reading each week.
Be sure to fill in your reading log completely:
title of book, author and minutes read on that day.
You must have a PARENT SIGNATURE. Logs are checked on Mondays.
DAILY HOMEWORK - If there is not a formal homework assignment, students are expected to review by:
- completing unfinished classwork
- reviewing work under your "Ongoing Work" TAB in your three-ring binder
- creating essential questions when reading based on main ideas, headings and bold words
- creating flashcards (review vocabulary and concepts)
- rewriting notes
- drawing pictures to make connections
- creating mnemonic devices
- creating a practice quiz
- teaching to someone else
- making connections between lessons taught in class to current events