Students are expected to meet class expectations for "Make Your Day" points for Art Class.
How to earn 50 MYD points in Art:
- Enter class quietly & put your belongings on designated shelves.
- LISTEN & ACT respectfully to your teacher & classmates.
- Actively participate in discussions &/or activities.
- Follow teacher directions; raise your hand to speak in class &/or to ask questions (if you did not understand something).
- Work consistently—without wasting time
- Demonstrate responsible and safe behavior at all times.
- Ask permission and then sign out with full name, date, time out & time in to use the lav, water fountain, or to go anywhere else in the building. Take hall pass.
- Do not touch equipment, materials, or supplies without permission.
- Respect and safeguard (keep from damage) all work (yours and others).
- Be on your best behavior with any (and all) substitutes!
- Arrive to class on time. If you are late, you need to bring a proper pass.
- Come prepared to class with a pencil and eraser.
- Get your art work/table folder out (unless told to wait).
- Sit in assigned seat and set up your name tag.
WORK ETHIC & EFFORT
- Work productively 100% & give your best effort.
- Challenge yourself to grow and improve.
- Analyze any “mistakes” and make adjustments. Save all work for comparison.
- Make up incomplete/missing work.
- Ask if it is possible to revise work to try for higher grade.
- Put work, materials, equipment & supplies away in teacher designated areas.
- Clear table & floors: Recycle small clean paper scraps; save large clean scraps; discard wet or dirty papers/materials.
- If you are in the last class of the day, help put chairs up on top of tables.