MPS News

Need Working Papers?

Congrats on the news of your employment!  If you need to get a set of Working Papers, you are welcome to go to your High School to accomplish this task.  The school secretaries at Jonathan Law and Foran High Schools are happy to help.  Keep in mind the offices operate on a summer schedule -- so it's a good idea to call first to make sure staff is there.

Jonathan Law:  (203) 783-3574
Joseph A. Foran: (203) 783-3502

Couple of notes:  if you are a Milford resident -- but attended a high school other than Jonathan Law or Foran (such as a private or parochial high school) -- you can get your working papers from the Milford high school you 'would have' attended based on your address.

Here are a few additional notes from the State of Connecticut website regarding working papers and employment of minors.

Checklist for Minors Applying for Statement of Age/Working Papers

  • Are you at least 16 years old (15 years old for retail establishments during vacation weeks)?
  • Do you have an employer's written promise of employment?
  • Do you have proof of age such as a birth certificate, baptismal certificate, or passport?
  • Do you have your Social Security card?
  • Is the job permitted for your age according to Connecticut's laws/regulations?
  • Is the industry permitted for your age according to Connecticut's laws/regulations?
  • Are the time and hours of work permitted by law?

If the answers to all of the above questions are "YES", take your "promise of employment" and proof of age and go to the public high school in your town. You MUST have working papers before you start work.