FOR 2019-20: Please read the Transportation Newsletter -- click on the icon, left, to read.
School bus transportation is provided to many students in Milford for a variety of reasons. These include:
1. Students living beyond a prescribed distance from their school
2. Students attending a private/parochial school
3. Students attending a special program offered through the district.
The items below can be expanded and contain important information.
If you have additional questions, please contact:
Phone: (203) 783-3438 | Fax: (203) 783-3474
- Transportation Policy
- Distance Requirements
- Bus Routes 2019-20 Elementary
- Bus Routes 2019-20 Grades 6-8
- Bus Routes 2019-20 Grades 9-12
- Non-Eligible Student Riders: Information
- Request for Bus Stop/Route Changes
- Bus Tracker App Now Available
TRN-F003 Application for Non-Eligible Riders
TRN-P005 Procedure for Non-Eligible Riders
Non-Eligible Riders (Opt-In)
Provision for Transportation of Non-Eligible Resident Students Under Certain Limited Conditions (Opt In)
This program provides for resident students who are presently not eligible for school transportation under this policy, to ride the bus, if approved, under limited and specific conditions, starting no earlier than October 1st of each school year.
Non-eligible students may be transported on a school bus within a school area where transportation is in effect, provided:
- Seating space is available on a regularly scheduled bus.
- The bus shall not deviate from the existing prescribed route.
- No additional bus routes or stops will be created.
- There will be no adverse result of adding the additional student to the bus (timing, cost, etc.).
Parents of students wishing to be considered for this program must apply yearly in writing on a form prescribed by the Board of Education.
The Transportation Office will not accept any application prior to the date that the bus schedules and routes are published.
Applications received by September 15th of each year will be considered using the following criteria in priority order:
- Age of the student (with priority given to younger children).
- Walking distance.
- Date received (first come, first served).
- If above criteria are equal, placement will be by lottery.
Applications received after September 15th of each year will be considered on a first come, first served basis until the bus is full.
For those requests which can be accommodated, the Transportation Office will contact the parent/guardian in writing.
This approval will be valid until the end of that school year, unless seats are no longer available. In situations where seats are no longer available, every effort will be made to give advance notice of cancellation of this privilege; however, this will not always be possible.
Durham School Services
"Getting kids to school safe, on time, and ready to learn . . . every day."
Durham School Services provides school transportation for Milford students, according to district and state regulation. The company has served our community since September 2005.
230 Old Gate Lane
Milford, CT 06460
Phone: (203) 783-9763 | Fax: (203) 876-1026
Durham School Services can trace its history back to 1917, to a three-bus company started in the San Gabriel Valley of California. In its early years, Durham specialized in special education transportation. This specialization has helped to nurture a unique commitment to quality service that is still maintained throughout our company today.
Today, the company operates more than 12,500 school buses and serves more than 300 school districts in 29 states across the country.