Name: ____________________ Date:__________
September 11, 200l INTERVIEW OF 9/11
Who did you interview? _________________________
Relationship to you: ____________________________
DUE DATE: WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19TH
**You will earn a higher grade with more detailed responses to these questions. As the interviewer, you may need to prompt your interviewee for further detail. Please remember the detail of the answers in the sample interview that was modeled in class.
**You must write a rough copy of the responses or record the answers first. Then neatly write in blue/black pen or pencil or type your final responses to be turned in on Wednesday, 9/19.
**CUPS counts! Always proofread your work prior to handing it in.
Questions for interview:
1. Where were you when the attacks occurred?
2. How did you find out about the attacks?
What were your first feelings/emotions when you heard about the attacks?
3. Did you know anyone in the Towers, Pentagon or one of the planes? If yes, did they survive? OR Do you know anyone who knew of anyone in the Towers, Pentagon, or on any of the planes? Explain who and what happened to them.
4. Have you visited Ground Zero? If yes, how did you feel when you went? OR If not, how do you feel about the idea of rebuilding the towers?
5. Do you “relive” the feelings you felt when the attack actually happened when you see videos or read articles? Explain how it makes you feel.
6. How did the nation and its leaders come together in the days following September 11?
7. What role do you think that passengers, airlines, airport authorities and other officials should play in air travel security? In your opinion, what, if anything else, should be done to promote secure air travel?
8. What aspects of American life do you think were changed after the 9/11 terrorist attacks?
9. What are your thoughts and feelings toward the killing of Osama Bin Laden? Why do you feel this way? Explain.
10. In your opinion, are there any lessons to be learned from what happened on September 11, 2001? Explain.