My goal as your child's world language teacher is to guide him/ her toward becoming beginner proficient in the Spanish language. Students will expand their communication of thoughts, ideas, feelings, and actions in Spanish. Respect for cultural diversity will be encouraged as students learn more about the Spanish speaking countries of the world. Students will grasp study and organizational skills for successful second language acquisition.
COURSE OUTLINES AND CONTRACTS
Grade 7 (Spanish i)
- Arrive on time
- Complete all assignments (in and out of class) to the best of your ability
- Be prepared with materials (notebook, covered textbook, writing instrument) and assignments
- Raise your hand to answer and / or ask a question
- No food, drinks, or gum chewing
- Respect, courtesy, preparation, attention, and PARTICIPATION are mandatory
40% Tests/ long term projects
15% Classwork / question of the day
Homework is an essential part of reinforcing material covered in class. It is assigned Monday through Thursday evenings. Assignments are listed weekly on this website under your child's class period. They can be a textbook assignment, worksheet, or review of notes and vocabulary. Students should review vocabulary and notes for 10-15 minutes daily at home.
Students are encouraged to seek extra help as needed in Spanish. Appointments can be scheduled after or before school. Late busses are available after school.