Unit 2 Practice Patterns- click the link to listen
1. Listen to the first clapping example. In the silence that follows, use one of the decoding strategies:
a. Taps the claps after the teacher performs
b. Decode with rhythm syllables in your mind
c. (While the teacher claps) Tap the steady beat and listen for how many
sounds are on each beat
2. Listen to the same clapping example. In the silence that follows, decode out loud with rhythm syllables.
3. Compare your answer the teacher says to your answer.
4. Continue this for the rest of the 8 patterns.
5. Complete both sides of the worksheet (download here if needed) to earn game time in music class!
Practice at home for our Veteran's day assembly!
Practice track for American Tears
Lyric sheet for American Tears and The Star Spangled Banner
MUSIC LITERACY RESOURCES
Click on the link below to download some resources to help support your student's work with reading music
RECORDER RESOURCES- For use during Mid-Trimester 2- end of year!
Click on the link below to hear audio of how each Recorder Karate Belt song should sound
9- Ode to Joy
Recorder sheet music- click on this link to download copies of each song to read
Guide for Listening Activities in Music Class- Gr 3
Moderato- medium speed
Andante- walking speed
Mezzo piano- medium soft
Mezzo forte- medium loud
Mood- how it feels
Happy, sad, angry, sleepy
Texture-how many notes are happening at one time
Thick- a lot of instruments, voices, or notes
Thin- a few instruments, voices, or notes
Both thick and thin- the song switches between both
Instrumentation- instruments or voice types
Percussion- drums, piano, harpsichord, tambourine, xylophone, etc.
Brass- French horn, trumpet, trombone, tuba, etc.
Woodwinds- Flute, Clarinet, Oboe, Bassoon, Saxophone, etc.
Strings- Violin, Viola, Cello, String Bass, Guitar, etc.