- Should my child read every school night?
- Does my child have to read on the weekends?
- Do I need to send in a note if my child is tardy or absent?
- Can I send in goodies to be shared with the class for my child's birthday?
- How do I know when my child has a test?
- Do I need to sign my child's assignment pad?
- What time does school start when there is a 2 hour delay?
- What is the three finger test for choosing reading material?
Yes, in fourth grade we ask that students read a book, magazine, newspaper article, etc. of their choice and on their reading level for at least 20
minutes every school night. He/she should record this reading in their assignment pad. Please sign this assignment pad indicating that your child has read.
Yes. Choose one night between Friday, Saturday and Sunday to read for at
least 20 minutes.
Yes. A note is required if your child was tardy or absent. A note is
required even if you have called the office to notify them.
No, food items can not be brought in to share for a celebration. This is a school-wide precaution.
However, students may bring in pencils, bookmarks, erasers, or stickers to
share with their classmates.
Spelling tests are every Friday. I usually send home a study guide for social studies a few days before the test.
Yes, please do. Students often write reminders for upcoming events in their
Student's will be allowed to enter the building at 10:20 AM. School starts
at 10:40 AM.
Have your child open to any page in their book they have chosen to read. If
he/she cannot read or does not understand the meaning of 3 or more words then
the book is a challenging book for him.