Mrs. Julie Stange
Harborside Middle School
7th & 8th Grade Language Arts
Please note that although the transition to sixth grade is exciting, it is extremely important for you to remain active in your child's education. This includes helping your child stay organized and checking your child's assignment pad and/or each teacher's homework/web site on a daily basis. Each site will include a list of on-going tasks/assignments that your child should work on in addition to any homework assignments.
I am excited to work with your child and am dedicated to helping your child be successful this year. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns that you may have.
- I am available for extra help before school (starting at 7:30 am) and after school on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays (until 2:55 pm).
- If you cannot come in before or after school, you may see me for help during learning centers (Tuesdays, Thursdays, and every other Monday).
- If you have a specific question or problem with an assignment, please call one of your class buddies (contact information should be in your homework folder).
Suggeslted Class Supplies for Language Arts:
- A 1.5-2" Binder with 5-8 tab dividers that is strictly for language arts (this will be kept at school)
- A two-pocket poly (plastic) folder with 3-hole fasteners (this homework folder should be brought home every night)
Other items to bring to classes/school:
- correcting pens (red, green, purple, etc.)
- pencil case
- INDEX CARDS
- USB flash drive
- post-it notes (as needed)
- reinforcements (as needed)
Suggested supplies to have at home (to use as needed for projects, etc):
- INDEX CARDS
- five-hole punched lined paper
- colored pencils
- glue sticks
- SUGGESTION: a large bin (or hanging file folder bin) to keep all papers (by subject) when your student brings them home