Welcome to my website. I will be posting homework, sites, and information that you will need during the year. I hope you enjoy visiting my page.
SYLLABUS FOR 6TH GRADE MATHEMATICS
GRADE 6 MATH: MRS. Wells 2015 – 2016
ADVANCED-WKBK: ON CORE –COMMON CORE WKBK
CORE- TEXTS: CONNECTED MATH 3
INTERNET RESOURCES: khanacademy.org, learnzillions.com
COURSE CURRICULUM: Operating with Positive Rational Numbers, Ratios & Rates, Using Expressions, Understanding Positive & Negative Numbers, Using Equations, Applications of Geometry, Statistics & Distributions (Advanced -Operations with Integers.)
Be respectful and safe –maintain good behavior at all times
Try hard every day-do your best and be an active learner. QUESTIONS ARE A VALUABLE PART OF YOUR LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES IN MATH!!
Be accountable-come to class prepared with homework, materials (pencils/pens) & books
*Ask for help when you need it (Flex Periods -Tuesdays & Thursdays, Extra Help available most Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays until 3:15 with prior notice, other arrangements can be made if necessary)
Summative Assessments– 50%
Formative Assessments- 40%
*Please refer to the ESMS handbook for the MBOE grading policy and test retake policy.
- Complete and in PENCIL ONLY!
- Show all work – no scrap papers, work and answers together on same page
- In on time – late papers are penalized 10 points
- Absent work – due day after return to school, longer than 1-2 days should see teacher for a reasonable due date.
NOTEBOOK SET UP:
Notes and Handouts from the entire year are to be kept in the math section of your binder
Should be written in pencil or blue or black ink –other colors are hard to see
Title of lesson underlined and dated on days we take notes.
Not a place to collect scrap work, homework, tests or any other old papers
- The intention of the notebook is to help students stay focused in class, be a study aid both for homework and tests, and teach students how to keep a clean, organized, and useful set of notes for any class.