Welcome to the Harborside Media Center!
Meet the Staff
Paige Przybylski: Library Media Specialist
Kristine Jackson: Media/Tech Aide
The time for Summer Reading is almost here!!!
Wishing you lots of fun, time with with family and friends, and many reading adventures!!!
Take a look at the following free summer reading programs and enjoy your summer books:
● Barnes & Noble Summer Triathlon - This program begins May 17th and runs
through Sept 6th. Kids can earn a FREE book after completing 3 out of the 4
activities and logging them on the reading sheet. This is for grades K-6.
● Book Adventure - This is a free program offered by Sylvan Learning. Kids in
grades K-8 can search for books, read them offline, come back to quiz on what
they've read, and earn prizes for their reading success. Prizes include chocolate
bars, temporary tattoos, Highlights magazine and more.
● Chuck E. Cheese - Earn 10 FREE tokens each time your child reads for 2
weeks in a row. Complete the form to claim the free tokens. A food purchase is
● Pizza Hut Book It! - This program has free reading summer reading
resources for parents. You can download free printables, book activities, book
lists and more. There may also be opportunities to read and earn Pizza Hut
● Scholastic Summer Challenge – Be a Reading Superhero- Children can log in their reading minutes and earn rewards. Students can participate individually or as part of their school. This program runs through Sept. http://www.scholastic.com/ups/campaigns/src-2017/
● SYNC-SYNC is a program that gives away two FREE audiobook downloads every
week each Summer for readers ages 13+. (each week features a current Young
Adult title paired with a Classic or Required Summer Reading title). Titles are
delivered through the OverDrive app which can be downloaded for free. For
more information go to: . http://audiobooksync.com/
● Reading is Fundamental: Whether you're a parent, educator, community
leader, or young reader, we have everything you need to make reading fun and
engaging. Check out our apps, activity calendars, booklists, and STEAM
enrichment activities to foster learning in school and at home.
● PBS Kids Summer Adventure Camp - Go on
Instead of Google, begin your search with
Remember to stay safe online!
Go to https://kids.usa.gov/teens/online-safety/index.shtml for some tips.