Welcome to Calf Pen Meadow School
Our school mission statement is:
As a community we strive to foster meaningful relationships and build a safe, supportive environment that develops life-long learners who care and think deeply about their world.
In our school, students have access to an engaging and differentiated instructional program that is aligned to the Common Core State Standards. Our faculty works to ensure that all children can successfully meet the expectations of the curriculum so that all students can achieve to their fullest potential.
We also strive to foster deep and caring relationships with our students, their families and our greater community. Our active and involved PTA contributes in a positive and productive manner by collaborating with us to enrich students' school life.
Amy Fedigan, Principal
Fall Family Conferences
As you know, our Fall Family Conferences (October 7th, 8th and 9th) are right around the corner. We will be scheduling our conferences through an online scheduling tool, "My Conference Time".
Please click the "sign up now" image above to schedule a conference with your child's homeroom teacher.
You may drop in to see the following Specials Area Teachers and Support Staff/Interventionists in their rooms/offices as follows:
- Mrs. Travers (Special Education- Room 1)
- Ms. Bruce (Special Education- Room 1)
- Ms. Pettengill (Art- Room 23)
- Mr. Fischman (PE- Room 8)
- Mrs. Birch (Music- Room 21)
- Mrs. Minichiello (Library Media- Library Media Center)
- Mrs. Kennedy (Reading Intervention- Room 20)
- Mrs. Tarini (Reading Intervention- Room 20)
- Mrs. Kingsley (School Psychologist- Room 600)
- Mrs. Flynn (School Social Worker- Room 8)
Of course, if a family does not have access to technology, a conference can be scheduled directly through your child's teacher by phone at 203.783.3521.
School Gate Guardian
As you are aware, we are implementing a new visitor management system called School Gate Guardian in our MPS public school buildings. This is another measure that the district is adding as we continually strive to make our schools as safe and secure as they can possibly be. School Gate Guardian is currently used in over 1,000 school districts nationwide. We request that you kindly stop by our Greeter Station in the main lobby during our Fall Family Conferences to scan and register your ID.
- This new security procedure will take approximately 20 seconds. As a matter of convenience, please be sure to bring your driver’s license or state issued ID with you when you plan to visit our schools during student occupied times. This will expedite the process and ultimately your access to the schools.
- This new visitor management system will deliver effective and consistent management of visitors to our buildings and help to ensure the safety of our school community. Thank you in advance for your cooperation. If you have questions please contact your school’s principal or our School Safety & Security Coordinator, Jeffrey Nielsen, at 203-301-5678. For more information, please visit the district website at www.milforded.org.
Attention Families of Students in Grades 1-5:
Please stop by our Library Media Center to check out a Student Handbook from our grade level Math Investigations program. This resource will help you to support your mathematician throughout this school year and will be returned in late spring.
|Important Files to Have On-Hand|
2015-16 Academic Calendar
Free & Reduced Meals
Building Use Form
Day Care Transportation Form
Have You HERD?? Sept!