The proposed 2018-19 Academic Calendar was presented to the Board of Education at its meeting on Monday night (12/11/17) and includes some important changes for next year. The Board will vote on the calendar at its next meeting, scheduled for Monday, January 8, 2018 in the Board of Education Meeting Room (Parsons) beginning at 7:00 p.m.
Highlights of the Proposed 2018-19 Calendar
- First day of school for students, (Grades 1-12): Monday, August 27, 2018 *
- Kindergarten Orientation will take place on Tuesday, August 28, 2018
- First day of school for Kindergarten students: Wednesday, August 29, 2018
- December Holiday Recess: Monday, Dec. 24, 2018 - Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019 *
- Winter Recess: Friday, February 15 - February 18, 2019 (Friday/Monday)
- Spring Recess: Monday, April 15 - Friday, April 19, 2019 *
- Schools will be open on Columbus Day (Monday, October 8, 2018)
- Schools will be open on Veterans Day (Monday, November 12, 2018)
* consistent with the ACES regional calendar
Elementary administrators proposed the two-day delay in the Kindergarten start date in order to ease our youngest students into the school system. Kindergarten Orientation would take place on Tuesday, August 28, 2018 (one day prior to their official start).
With regard to the Winter Recess in February (2019), the district proposes a return to a Friday/Monday format (Friday, Feb. 15 - Monday, Feb. 18, 2019).
Click on the icon, above, to view/print the proposed 2018-19 Academic Calendar.