News Archive

Graduating Seniors - Immunization Records Info
Posted 05/18/2017 03:14PM

To view/print the full letter, please click on the icon, left.

To Grade 12 Students and their Parents/Guardians:

Upon graduation from high school, you will receive a packet that contains your Immunization Records. This is an ideal time to review your records and to make sure you have received all the protection you need from vaccine-preventable diseases. If you haven't scheduled a check-up at the doctor's office in the past year, it's a good idea to schedule one over the summer to ensure all of your records -- and immunizations -- are up-to-date.

College Entrance Health Requirements

If you are planning on attending college, it's important to find out what is required in the state (or country!) you will be residing. All incoming freshmen in the state of Connecticut will be required to show proof of 2 doses of measles, mumps and rubella vaccine and varicella (chicken pox) vaccine. If you are going to live on campus, you must also receive a dose of meningitis vaccine.

It will be important that you check with your intended college to determine what its health/immunization requirements are.

Action Checklist

  • Schedule an annual medical checkup for yourself yearly. If you are living at home and are on your parents insurance plan, NOW is the best time to do so, in case your coverage changes after graduation.
  • Keep an up-to-date record of your immunizations.
  • Most vaccines are available for free in our state as part of the Connecticut Vaccine Program if you are 18 or under. Check with your doctor.
  • Do you plan to travel or study outside of the United States? If so, you may need additional vaccines. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) operates an international traveler's health information line. Call (800) 232-4636 or visit CDC's website at for more information.

Congratulations on your upcoming graduation!

powered by finalsite