Welcome to Mrs. Casey's math website!
PLEASE LOOK OVER THE SECTIONS BELOW FOR HELPFUL HINTS AND RESOURCES THAT WILL HELP YOU TO BE A GREAT MATH STUDENT AND HAVE A SUCCESSFUL 6TH GRADE YEAR IN MATH!
SYLLABUS FOR 6TH GRADE MATHEMATICS
GRADE 6 MATH: MRS. CASEY 2017-2018
CORE & ADVANCED TEXT: CONNECTED MATH 3
INTERNET RESOURCES:mymathuniverse.com/cmp3, mathXLforschool.com, khanacademy.org, learnzillions.com
COURSE CURRICULUM: Operating with Positive Rational Numbers, Ratios & Rates, Using Expressions, Understanding Positive & Negative Numbers, Using Equations, Applications of Geometry, Statistics & Distributions (Advanced -Operations with Integers.)
Be respectful and safe –maintain good behavior at all times
Try hard every day-do your best and be an active learner. QUESTIONS ARE A VALUABLE PART OF YOUR LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES IN MATH!!
Be accountable-come to class prepared with homework, materials (pencils/pens) & books
*Ask for help when you need it (Flex Periods -Tuesdays & Thursdays, Extra Help available most Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays until 3:15 with prior notice, other arrangements can be made if necessary)
Summative Assessments– 50%
Formative Assessments- 40%
*Please refer to the ESMS handbook for the MBOE grading policy and test retake policy.
- Complete and in PENCIL ONLY!
- Show all work – no scrap papers, work and answers together on same page
- In on time – late papers are penalized 10 points
- Absent work – due day after return to school, longer than 1-2 days should see teacher for a reasonable due date.
NOTEBOOK SET UP:
Notes /Handouts/Classwork/Quizzes/Algorithms from the current unit are to be kept in your math binder
Should be written in pencil or blue or black ink –other colors are hard to see
Title of lesson underlined and dated on days we take notes.
- The intention of the notebook is to help students stay focused in class, be a study aid both for homework and tests, and teach students how to keep a clean, organized, and useful set of notes for any class.
Be sure to check out websites listed below for help with homework and extra practice with difficult skills.
khanacademy.org -earn points and badges while practicing skills
xtramath.com -practice and skills drills
learnzillions.com - math lessons on selected topics
education.com -math lessons
*scroll to resources at bottom for more math websites