Welcome to West Shore Middle School and Team Columbia
Welcome to West Shore and Team Columbia. The sixth graders have made a smooth transition to middle school. They have successfully followed their schedules, navigated the hallways, and opened their lockers. The year is off to a great start! Here are some important reminders to ensure that students meet with success this year:
- The assignment pad is the best place to look each night to know what homework was assigned. Teacher websites also have this information.
- Powerschool's parent portal is the place to look for all information on grades and the status of assignments.
- In sixth grade, organization is key! Students should come to school with all their materials daily, including their assignment pad, pencils, and, of course, homework.
- In Language Arts, the expectation has been set that all students read 100 minutes per week and record it on a Reading Log. This counts as homework and is one important key to success in Language Arts.
- Communication is important; please feel free to contact me by email with any concerns.